Sunday, March 25, 2007

Alleyway No.1

I'm dubious about posting these for all sorts of reasons.

First, I don't normally circulate work in progress until there is at least a small sized body of work that I'm happy with.


Secondly, the internet really sucks for showing the sort of Large Format (neg size that is) pictures that I make, where the intended print size is at the very least 11x14 and usually bigger. Additionally, the web sucks even more imo for black and white work. LCD displays that are out of balance with far to much contrast and brightness just don't convey something that is full of varying (often subtle) tones.

So, now that's all out of the way, here are a small selection from the first few negatives I've made on a new project - Alleyway (or maybe Alleyway's?) - you might also want to take into account a bunch of the stuff I've said previously about traces, evidence, oblique glances and so on...:







Tim Atherton

No comments: