Monday, May 14, 2007

Richard Mosse, Phillips Explorer 8x10 and Thomas Struth


This post isn't quite the mishmash it appears to be from the title...

I'm reluctantly selling my lovely little Phillips Explorer 8x10 (starving artist mode for the next few months - gotta buy film and feed the kids...). It's up on ebay and I ended up getting an email about the sale from a young Irish photographer Richard Mosse who is studying at Yale.



I found his website and it turns out he has some funky stuff up there. I'll be interested to see how his work develops over time.




Oh - and Richard also told me that Thomas Struth gave a talk at Yale recently and when asked, replied he uses a Phillips Explorer - aww man - did he have to tell me that - talk about separation anxiety...



(this last picture - Struth - from Paradise)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is your 'spare' Philips, right?

tim atherton said...

yes.. he says plutocratically...

still doesnt make it any easier to get rid of the little beauty (it was sort of saved up for the day I get a grant to go wandering around small Italian hill towns or Paris or Berlin :-) But as that ain't exactly happening...!)