Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Matthieu Gafsou



I recently came across Matthieu Gafsou website and there is a lot there that I like.




Unfortunately my French is so bad that I can't comment more about what he says about his projects, but I'm drawn to the clean spareness of how he sees, as well as his subject.







I love the little series of beach shelters - on the one hand, the Mediterranean seems terribly like the English Chanel, with the Brits on the beach with little windbreaks whatever the weather. On the other hand it reminds me of the beach passages in Alexandria from one of my favourite series of books Birds of Passage and The Alexandria Semaphore by Robert Sole.


3 comments:

Elise Vivienne said...

hi there! Nice blog..
Check out my blog!

http://elisevivienne.blogspot.com/

Love

Feigned Interest said...

Hello photog. wonder. Check me out

Anonymous said...

I love how beautifully flat so many of his photographs are. These places seem almost like theater sets.