Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Well...2010




Two thousand and ten - or is it twenty ten? - anyway, I was "chatting" (via Facebook) last night with an old photographer friend who lives in the beautiful city of Barcelona and I realised that not only had I been neglecting this blog, but that I also hadn't done much photography of my own for some time.

So as much as I hate resolutions, it's definitely time to catch up with some photography (as well as finish scanning the pile of 6x6 negs I have) and add some new posts to the blog.

Mind you, it's also time to find a real day job for a while and keeping Churchill's black dog at bay has taken some effort recently.

Oh, and I also figured it's time to try writing a novel... (and which isn't the "highbrow" detective novel I'd always imagined it would be if I ever got around to writing one). Goodness knows where that will end up, but nothing like being at least a bit ambitious. So we'll have to see how it all goes.

Other than that, a good 2010 to one and all.





(All images ©2009 Timothy Atherton)






3 comments:

julian said...

Go for it Tim!

Have you come across John Darwell?
http://www.johndarwell.com/projects/j_seq_abdcc/index.php

Nothing wrong with using what ails you for your art!

This year we must meet up - I'm travelling a fair bit for work, so maybe i can swing by

Frank Harkin said...

Good luck with Churchill's black dog. It can be a 'bitch'.

Parisa said...

i love your blog.