Sunday, December 23, 2007

Photographers of the Year - 2007

Well, I'm almost ready to take a short break for Xmas, but I wanted to recap a few photographers - my picks of the year from those I've featured on the blog over the last twelve months.

The one photographer that stood out for me - no newcomer by any means - is JoAnn Verburg (and here):



But she has to share my choice for first place (a dubious accolade at best...) with a photographer long dead - Joseph Fortuné Petiot-Groffier - who, upon his demise in 1855 left his darkroom in Chalon-sur-Saône in Burgundy fully intact and it was left abandoned, never to be opened until just a couple of years ago, thus giving us a unique insight into the alchemy of the early days of photography.



There are also a couple of runners up:

Mike Ryder and his wonderful "Fail Distinction" work -




No comments: