Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Posting comments

Just a short admin note - I'm experimenting with different posting options. I'm trying to get the right balance between too much control (i.e. no comments allowed) and possibly too little (anyone can post). I want to try and constrict the number of idiots posting, but I also want to encourage some commentary (I guess you can't really call it discussion on here). One thing I've found is that some who want to post aren't Blogger members and are a little google wary, so that has discouraged them. So I'll ring the changes and see what happens...

2 comments:

Stan B. said...

Whatever you decide... looks good!
Best o' luck in '07!

Anonymous said...

Tim, I've found I get very few comments given the alleged volume of traffic. That is a bit disappointing but far preferable to the random noise I've seen on some blogs. I know that Jeorge C over at COnscientious just set up an elaborate scheme for allowing comments - perhaps you can check him out. ALso the word verification on blogger works quite well to keep most spammers away. (At least until some nut figures out how to beat it - then there will be an arms race). Finally, I posted a plug for Muse-ings on my blog today. Best of luck. I REALLY like the Immersive Landscapes!